Meet new professor Joel Lombard
Joel Lombard recently went from being a Castleton alumnus to a Castleton University exercise science professor and the 2010 graduate couldn’t be happier.
He spoke Friday about his exciting new role at his alma mater.
Q. What’s it like to be back teaching where you used to be a student?
A. There’s definitely a level of nostalgia, but its kind of cool to be on the other side. It’s cool to be able to have a professional relationship with the professors that I had prior to my appointment here.
Q. When did it click that this is what you wanted you’re career to be?
A. I’ve wanted this job since I left. Three years ago the job opened up. I think I was supposed to be here, I definitely think it was a God thing.
Q. What was your favorite class when you were a student here?
Q. Now, what is your favorite class to teach and why?
Q. Is that subject to change do you think?
A.I think next semester I’m going to teach molecular and cellular physiology and I’m excited to teach that one.
Q. What year was your most memorable year while being a student?
A. I’d say the transition from my junior year into my senior year. I took a really awesome internship and from there I just streamlined into my senior year.
Q. What was your internship?
A. I was a bio lab technician.
Q. What is your fondest memory when you were a student?
A. Uh, getting 100s on tests, just getting the test back and seeing that it all the work I put in was represented well. I guess academics was like my sport, tests were like game days.”
Q. What are the biggest changes you’ve seen at CU since you were a student?
A. Hoff Hall is new, the, what’s it called, pavilion. The tennis courts and all those facilities and skate park.
Q. What is something weird that people may not know about you?
A. I like canning.
Q. Who is your favorite artist?
A. Lindsey Stirling I guess is my top artist. She basically does classical music and she does it in sort of an electronic way, sort of like a mix of electronic and classical.
Q. What changes do you want to see in the department?
A. It would be great if I didn’t have an office next to Brad (laughs as colleague Brad Coupe chimes in in the background) I would like to see a masters program in exercise science be developed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More castletonspartan News Articles
Recent castletonspartan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CASTLETONSPARTAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CASTLETONSPARTAN NEWS
RECENT CASTLETONSPARTAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program