Meet new professor Joel Lombard
Joel Lombard recently went from being a Castleton alumnus to a Castleton University exercise science professor and the 2010 graduate couldn’t be happier.
He spoke Friday about his exciting new role at his alma mater.
Q. What’s it like to be back teaching where you used to be a student?
A. There’s definitely a level of nostalgia, but its kind of cool to be on the other side. It’s cool to be able to have a professional relationship with the professors that I had prior to my appointment here.
Q. When did it click that this is what you wanted you’re career to be?
A. I’ve wanted this job since I left. Three years ago the job opened up. I think I was supposed to be here, I definitely think it was a God thing.
Q. What was your favorite class when you were a student here?
Q. Now, what is your favorite class to teach and why?
Q. Is that subject to change do you think?
A.I think next semester I’m going to teach molecular and cellular physiology and I’m excited to teach that one.
Q. What year was your most memorable year while being a student?
A. I’d say the transition from my junior year into my senior year. I took a really awesome internship and from there I just streamlined into my senior year.
Q. What was your internship?
A. I was a bio lab technician.
Q. What is your fondest memory when you were a student?
A. Uh, getting 100s on tests, just getting the test back and seeing that it all the work I put in was represented well. I guess academics was like my sport, tests were like game days.”
Q. What are the biggest changes you’ve seen at CU since you were a student?
A. Hoff Hall is new, the, what’s it called, pavilion. The tennis courts and all those facilities and skate park.
Q. What is something weird that people may not know about you?
A. I like canning.
Q. Who is your favorite artist?
A. Lindsey Stirling I guess is my top artist. She basically does classical music and she does it in sort of an electronic way, sort of like a mix of electronic and classical.
Q. What changes do you want to see in the department?
A. It would be great if I didn’t have an office next to Brad (laughs as colleague Brad Coupe chimes in in the background) I would like to see a masters program in exercise science be developed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More castletonspartan News Articles
Recent castletonspartan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CASTLETONSPARTAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CASTLETONSPARTAN NEWS
RECENT CASTLETONSPARTAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas