Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
The deadline to apply for a study abroad grant from The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is Wednesday, February 15. Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective all discipline honor society, will award 50 $1,000 grants to students nationwide.
Awarded twice a year—50 in the spring and 25 in the fall—the grants are designed to support undergraduates, both members and nonmembers, as they seek expanded knowledge and experience in their academic fields. Interested students do not have to be a member of Phi Kappa Phi to apply, but must currently attend an institution with an active chapter.
“Throughout my entire life I have been fascinated with science and mathematics and have had a passion for education, teaching, and learning,” said John Heeg, a 2016 grant recipient from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. “In order to reach a greater number of students, I have a desire to become more proficient in the Spanish language and experience Spanish culture. The Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant will make this dream a reality.”
Phi Kappa Phi gives 75 study abroad grants annually to students on its chapter campuses. Since its inception in 2001, the program has awarded more than $775,000.
In addition to the study abroad program, the Society awards $1.4 million each biennium to qualifying students and members through graduate fellowships, funding for post-baccalaureate development, member and chapter awards, and grants for local, national and international literacy initiatives.
The application period for students to apply for a $1,000 study abroad grant is currently open until February 15. For full eligibility requirements and application instructions, visit www.phikappaphi.org/studyabroad.
About Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Phi Kappa Phi inducts approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni annually. The Society has chapters on more than 300 select colleges and universities in North America and the Philippines. Membership is by invitation only to the top 10 percent of seniors and graduate students and 7.5 percent of juniors. Faculty, professional staff and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction also qualify. The Society’s mission is “To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others.” For more information, visit www.phikappaphi.org.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CASTLETONSPARTAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CASTLETONSPARTAN NEWS
RECENT CASTLETONSPARTAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program