Where did the waffles go?
Students at Castleton State College have been wondering what happened to the popular waffle maker in Huden Dining Hall?
Last year, the waffle maker was unveiled to students and available for use during all three meal periods. And it got used a lot. This year, however, it is only available during cafe hours in the afternoon and on weekends and students are bumming.
"It's a little disappointing" said senior Chris Fleury.
Sophomore Joe Beckert, who used the waffle maker often during meal times last year, is equally upset.
"I think they should have it available during meals. I loved using it last year. It was just another option to choose from," he said.
Michael Williams, the man in charge of dining services at Huden, said the waffle maker could not meet the demand of the students during meal times, so it has been restricted to café hours and all three meal periods on the weekends.
He did say, however, that he has proposed the idea of getting a second waffle maker at some point in the future.
But that can't come soon enough for sophomore Casey Babcock, who misses the waffle option at meal times.
"Get it back!" he said with a raised voice and his finger pointing for emphasis.
But not all students are upset at their restricted waffle intake.
Ryan Cave, a junior lacrosse player, has a bit of a love-hate relationship with the waffle maker.
"I ate so many last year I could be sick!" Cave said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More castletonspartan News Articles
Recent castletonspartan News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR CASTLETONSPARTAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST CASTLETONSPARTAN NEWS
RECENT CASTLETONSPARTAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas